Wednesday, December 3, 2014

2014 December 02 update

Oh what the fuck. I see that there are now many more updates waiting for the release of The Darkness Below. But some of this is crap.

I was very happily spending my time gathering materials to sell to the Crucible Quartermaster in exchange for a pittance of XP and Crucible Marks. That was getting me along just fine. About 40% on my way to level 2 and being able to get the Marks I needed to buy my gear from Dead Orbit. Now it has changed? What the fuck? That is a huge change to throw out this late in the game. That was the only way I could keep going and keep up with some of the people who are even simply mediocre in the Crucible and thus better than me. Now I will have to endure battle after battle in the Crucible to attempt earning marks to buy gear from any of the factions. So if this is going to stand, then the Factions need to accept Vanguard marks as well. This is just so fucked. The Factions do not actually matter in the Crucible. You can wear the mark of NONE in the Crucible and still do well. The solar system and the tower are where the Factions matter.

It is also seeming that the story line is starting to take a back road. Why else are these three different groups in the tower needing to give us missions and have us rank up. Not just so we can fight one another in simulated combat. There is a purpose behind each of them. And if what they are doing is not going to affect the game at all, then what the hell?

All things being equal, I am sure that there is a balance between the gear to be bought from The Vanguard, The Crucible, and The Factions. Each of those 5 dealers have weapons that are more to taste rather than actually better or worse than the others. And I have found shit from all 5 in random drops. Those have been real treasures. Hell, I have two different variants on the rocket launcher "The Unfriendly Giant". I also got two variants of another launcher and I decided to dismantle one for it's Ascendant pieces.

But are there really some people so involved in The Crucible that they cannot dare ever go to the Patrol zones to collect materials? Is it so necessary that they be available for sale using Marks? These are so abundant that if anything they should only cost Glimmer.

Bungie, you really made me happy with this game being released so I was no longer prisoner to 343's bullshit. Please, do not follow in their footsteps.

And bring back the queen's missions, damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment